If you are going to take a closer look at the kinds of food that you frequently eat, you will find that most of them are not exactly good for your health. Combine this with lack of proper sleep, sedentary lifestyle, and what not can increase your risk of health issues such as gaining weight. Fortunately, adding more alkaline-rich foods to your diet is one way to help protect you against these problems.
Which foods are rich in alkaline, you ask? Here are some that are worth taking note of.
- Broccoli. This particular food should always be in your list as it is considered as an alkalizing food that can boost digestion, enhance your cardiovascular system, prevents cancer, and even help you flush out the toxins from your body. You can toss it into a salad, incorporate it into your soups or stews, or steam it for your side dish. Regardless of how you’re going to prepare this vegetable, it definitely deserves a time in your dinner table.
- Spinach. Another food that is a good source of alkaline is spinach. It’s easy to get your hands on this leafy green and the best part is that it packs more than just alkaline but a host of vitamins and minerals that can improve your overall health.
- Cucumber. Cucumber is also a contender when it comes to alkaline-rich foods. What’s more, because of its high water content, it is good for keeping yourself properly hydrated. Another plus to eating cucumber is that it has a significant amount of antioxidants that can fight off inflammation, cancer, as well as possible cardiovascular issues as well.
- Kale. Another source of alkaline-rich food is kale. Just like spinach, kale is a good addition to your diet as it is packed with antioxidants that can prevent cardiovascular issues, heart problems, and damage caused by toxins absorbed into our body. Eating kale can also help reduce your cholesterol levels and can reduce your risk of cancer too.
- Lemons. This citrus fruit, surprisingly, has alkaline properties especially when it is digested. Although lemons are acidic by nature, when they have been digested, they become alkaline in nature which is what your body needs. You can have some fresh lemon juice, add a slice of this fruit in your drink, or prepare it in anyway you like and you will get a decent amount of alkaline in your system, plus other health benefits, in no time.
- Avocado. You shouldn’t forget to have some avocados in your diet because not only do they have alkaline properties but they also contain essential fatty acids that your body needs. The good fats that are present in this fruit can satisfy your hunger and eating it won’t even cause you to gain too much weight. However, you need to eat this in moderation because it is high in cholesterol.
- Celery. Another option for your diet is celery. This vegetable contains vitamin C which plays a significant role to your health. This particular vitamin is known to improve one’s immune system, enhance your cardiovascular system, and even reduce inflammation. The good news is that this vegetable is quite easy to incorporate into your diet so have fun finding recipes with this.
- Bell pepper. If you want to add an extra crunch to your salads or stir-frys, you should definitely add bell pepper to your list of ingredients to buy. Rich in antioxidants, and considered as a powerhouse of essential nutrients, bell peppers also contain alkaline that can fight off gout, cancer, and even diabetes just to name a few.