Anabolic steroids are illegal in most countries and are only prescribed for serious medical conditions. If used for sport or personnel gain they can cause serious side effects, detrimental health issues and over time creates a serious addiction. Anabolic steroids are created as a substitute for the male hormone (testosterone) this type of steroid should not be confused with (corticosteroids steroids) which are used for medical conditions such as lupus, multiple sclerosis and Asthma plus many other health conditions.
With the use of anabolic steroids increasing year on year in the fitness and bodybuilding world to get that extra edge and muscle growth, side effects are becoming a common occurrence. So within this article we will be explaining how they are taken, health risks associated with the use of anabolic steroids, side effects and why so many people are turning to these extreme measures to boost performance, stamina and muscle mass.
How are Anabolic steroids taken?
Anabolic steroids come in many forms and can be taken in many different ways which are:
- Creams and gels
- Pills and tablets
Anabolic Steroid Stacks and Cycles
Steroids are used in cycles as users try to avoid the dangerous side effects and believe that stopping stop at a certain time will avoid these. but this does not work because side effects will always be present when taking anabolic steroids. Stacks are when users use different types of steroids for maximum exposure and effectiveness.
Why Users keep taking Anabolic Steroids
Anabolic steroids increase your performance, stamina levels, reduces your fat levels but most importantly increase muscle growth. Body builders, athletes and fitness fanatics find that once they have tried these drugs they cannot live with out the competitive edge steroids deliver and find that they are hooked and now have an issue with addiction.
But other people take steroids to boost confidence, increase weight, get ripped and get healthy, but the end result is much further from the truth. Users then find out these pills, injections or creams have a dark side if used for the wrong reasons.
Side effects caused by Anabolic Steroids
Anabolic steroids and side effects go hand in hand especially if used over longer periods, these side effects are listed below for both men and women:
Effects of steroids on males
- Mood swings: People who use steroids suffer from severe mood swings and can become violent very quickly if rubbed the wrong way, but sufferers can also expect to feel depressed, nervous and anxious.
- Man hood: Men can expect to see a considerable genital reduction, low sperm count and a lower libido.
- Skin conditions: Men can expect to see severe acne all over the body.
- Breasts: Men will develop the appearance of having breasts, which will be very embarrassing down the gym.
- Hallucination: Which can cause many injuries and social difficulties around family and friends.
Effects of steroids in females
- Deeper voice: Your voice will get deeper and sound more manly.
- Hair Conditions: Women will develop facial and body hair, but will also see a reduction in your head hair.
- Mood Swings: Women will also develop mood swing like aggression, anxiety and nervousness.
- Hallucination: Are a common side effects of anabolic steroids which can cause serious social problems.
Steroids also cause serious addiction which will cause serious withdrawal symptoms!
Health Risks associated with Steroids
Other than side effects there are also some serious health implication from using anabolic steroids which are:
- Much higher risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Tumours will develop in the kidneys and liver over prolonged use
- Increase your blood pressure and cholesterol levels which can cause other medical conditions
- Blood will have the tendency to clot and cause heart attacks
- Teenagers who use steroids will reduce their growth and development severely
With everything listed above it goes without saying that anabolic steroids are bad and have lifelong effects on your overall health, but also effect on your friends and family. For an alternative to anabolic steroids we have listed some legal steroids that work just as good as the real thing but do not come with the effects and health risks.