Many of us are having a hard time sticking with a fitness routine because of our busy schedule, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about your overall fitness even when you’re at home. If you want to burn those excess fats that you are carrying, try taking advantage of those commercials that appear while watching TV. These short breaks from your favorite shows will give you ample time to do different exercises and it will keep your butt off the sofa too. Here are some commercial break exercises that you can do to feel fitter all over.
- Lunges. This exercise is already good for two commercials. To do lunges, you should start on a standing position with your feet about hip-width apart. Take a big step forward with your left leg then bend both knees to 90 degrees to lower yourself into a lunge. Push down on the floor with your feet to go back to your first position. Do 10 reps on one side then do the next leg on the next commercial. Make sure that your back is straight and your core is engaged throughout the exercise.
- Curtsy squat. Start this exercise by going in a standing position with your feet at hip-width apart. Position your right leg behind you to go into a curtsy position. Go as low as you can manage. Go back to your standing position and repeat with the other leg. Keep alternating your squats for 30 seconds then rest. You can do another set on the next commercial.
- Mountain climbers. Go into a push up position with your back straight and your weight evenly distributed between your hands and the balls of your feet. Raise your left knee towards your chest then go back to your first position. Repeat with the other leg. Keep alternating knee lifts until the commercial ends. Make sure that your core is engaged and that your back is straight throughout.
- Burpee. Stand straight then bend and place your hands on the floor. Jump your legs backward to go into a plank position then jump back forward to go into a crouch position. Jump up explosively with your hands reaching upwards. Try to jump as high as you can manage for this exercise. Do as many reps as you can within one commercial then take 15 seconds break. Repeat with the next commercial.
- Plank hold. Here is another exercise you should add to your routine. In this exercise lie down on your stomach on the floor. Prop your upper body up on your forearms then press the balls of your feet on the floor with your heels raised. Raise your hips off the floor until you create a straight line from your shoulders to your heels. Keep your core tucked and hold this pose as long as you can manage.
These are just a few examples of exercises that you can try the next time you are watching TV. Squeezing in even these exercises while watching TV can help you burn those extra calories while toning and strengthening your muscles at the same time.