When it comes to eating healthy, fruits are definitely on the list as they are one of the best sources of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and the like which are needed to boost your overall health. Unfortunately, not everyone knows which fruits are appropriate for their diet which is why they are missing out on essential nutrients. Most people take supplements instead of fruits because of the vitamins that they contain but fruits have more than just vitamins and minerals. They are also packed with other important nutrients like fiber, phytochemicals, and antioxidants that cannot be captured in supplements alone.
For those who are wondering which fruits are worth adding to one’s diet, this list is a good place to start.
- Avocado. Avocados are known for their monounsaturated fats which can reduce your cholesterol level. This is considerably better compared to saturated fats which can clog your veins. You can add it to your salad or, if you want to make your sandwich healthier, use avocado instead of butter in your sandwich for that extra boost of fibre, folate, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- Banana. You can never go wrong with eating bananas because they are one of the best sources of potassium. This is a perfect go to snack after you workout as it helps replenish your store of electrolytes plus it can give you an energy boost too. Another reason why banana is a useful fruit to add to your diet is that it can help clear up your skin as well.
- Cantaloupe. Another fruit that you should add to your list is the cantaloupe. This fruit contains plenty of beta-carotenes which can fight off cataracts. If you are on a diet, adding this fruit will be to your advantage because it has less calories compared to other fruits. Make sure that you wash the rind thoroughly as bacteria may grow on them.
- Apples. You should always have apples in your diet as they are savory and filling making them one of the best healthy snacks you can bring with you. The flavonoids that are present in this fruit can help regulate your blood sugar levels so that your energy level will stay balanced throughout the day.
- Cranberry. What’s great about cranberries is that they have antibacterial properties that can help treat urinary tract infections. Other possible uses of cranberries is to prevent and treat kidney stones as well as ulcers. Another plus to cranberries is that you can make a mouthwash out of the unsweetened varieties to help kill the bacteria in your mouth.
- Mango. Mangoes are tropical fruits that are sweet and delicious and pack a lot of punch in terms of antioxidant content. This fruit contains lutein and zeaxanthin which are both known for promoting better eye health especially in those who are getting old.
- Goji berry. Goji berries are worth adding to your diet because they are known to contain 21 minerals, 6 vitamins, and a host of antioxidants. This particular fruit is linked to cancer and diabetes prevention but more research is required to determine its effects.
- Kiwifruit. You can also add kiwifruits to your list of fruits to try because they are useful when it comes to promoting stronger bones, teeth, and cartilages. Another plus to eating this fruit is that it can also keep heart problems at bay.
These are just a handful of nutritious fruits that should definitely make an appearance in your daily diet. Just imagine the amount of vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients that your body will be absorbing if you make these fruits a part of your daily eating habits.