Fighting off diseases through the food that we eat is one of the best ways to keep our bodies healthy and in the best condition. However, our choices of food aren’t exactly built for fighting off viruses, bacteria, and the like. If you want to protect yourself against varius ailments, you will need to learn which foods will provide you with the most health benefits. Fortunately, you can start with something simple such as adding these fruits to your daily diet.
- Apples. You don’t really have to look far when it comes to super fruits because apple is usually on top of the list. This is due to the fiber and antioxidants that are present in this juicy treat plus the quercetin found in their skin is guaranteed to give protection against allergies, inflammation, and other health issues. Eating at least 5 apples a week can help give you the immunity you need against common diseases.
- Peach. This fruit is packed with vitamin A which aids in building a stronger immune system to fight off any bacteria or viruses that are present in the body. Eating a medium sized peach can deliver this nutrient and more.
- Grapefruit. You’ve probably heard about the grapefruit diet which was said to aid in weight loss. Although there is truth in this, grapefruit is more efficient in keeping your heart healthy. Eating a single grapefruit per day can help reduce your cholesterol levels. It would be better to choose the redder color as it contains more antioxidants that your body needs for healing and protection against various diseases.
- Kiwi. If you think that oranges top the list of foods that contains the most vitamin C, you will be surprised that Kiwi actually beats oranges for this title. Eating kiwis can aid in bone development, and maintain healty gums, tendons, teeth, and others. It can also reduce your triglyceride levels. Try eating the whole fruit, skin and all, to reap the most benefits.
- Blueberries. You will never go wrong with adding blueberries to your diet as this super fruit enhances brain function as well as improve one’s memory. Studies have shown that continuous consumption of blueberries can actually help prevent cognitive decline as you age. What’s more, blueberries can also boost your metabolism because this fruit has manganese in it.
- Strawberry. Here is another super fruit that is good for your health as the antioxidants present in it can prevent inflammation as well as reduce atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. Another plus to eating strawberries is that it can prevent cancer cells from forming and spreading.
- Cantaloupe. When it comes to skin care, cantaloupe is going to be your new best friend. This fruit is high in vitamin A including its derivatives which can speed up cell reproduction which means that it can reveal new and healthy skin all the time.
These are just a few examples of fruits that are worth adding to your diet as they are packed with nutritional benefits that can enhance your overall health.