Babies don’t really eat much because their bellies are still small. This is why it is important that you choose foods that are actually nutritious so that, even when they’re just eating a small amount of food, they won’t be lacking in essential vitamins and minerals. As a parent, you’re probably wondering what to feed your little one so without further ado, try these healthy foods that will work perfectly for your baby.
- Bananas. This fruit is full of carbohydrates that not only gives your baby energy but also help promote better digestion. What’s even better is that bananas are portable. For months old babies, you should mash the ripe banana properly for easy digestion. You can slice some small pieces for older babies so they can eat it on their own. Just make sure that you go for the ripe one for easy chewing.
- Broccoli. Steam some broccoli for your baby and you will be able to give your little one folate as well as fiber for their digestion. As a plus to feeding your baby this vegetable, you are also helping his body to receive nutrients that can fight off cancer cells.
- Sweet potatoes. Another food that you can serve your little one is sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are known to contain potassium, fiber, and vitamin C plus it is also a good source of beta-carotene that can fight off free radicals as well as cancer forming cells. A lot of babies like sweet potatoes better than any other vegetable because of its sweet taste so boil some and mash them to serve your baby.
- Blueberries. You should also serve your baby some blueberries as it is good for the development of their eyes, brain, as well as their urinary tract.
- Avocados. Another fruit that will work perfectly for your baby’s diet is avocado. What can this fruit deliver? A healthy amount of protein and monounsaturated fats or the good cholesterol. It is important that you stick with the ripe version when feeding it to your baby. Peel the skin off then mash the avocado before serving.
- Manadarin oranges. To help boost the immune system of your baby, give them some mandarin oranges. This fruit is high in vitamin C plus its flavor is going to be a hit with your little one.
- Eggs. It is also a good idea to give your baby eggs as they contain protein, vitamins A, D, B12, and E plus zinc. The yolk also has choline which is linked to better brain development. You can ask your pediatrician if eggs can already be served to your baby.
- Squash. Don’t forget to include squash in your list of foods for your baby as it is high in vitamin A and C both of which are essential to your baby’s development.
These are just a few examples of foods that you can serve your baby to help them receive the nutrients that they need to grow healthy and strong.