Many of us have heard of the many benefits of Himalayan salt. This salt contains 84 natural elements and minerals that boost our health and vitality, unlike the table salt. The minerals contained in the Himalayan salt are in an ionic state, so they are very small and our cells absorb them efficiently.
Salt rooms have been used as therapy in Eastern Europe for hundreds of years. Also, a few years ago, people with lung problems visited salt mines in order to utilize their health benefits. Ancient Greek used salt therapy to cure any respiratory problems. In the United States, this kind of therapy is used in the recent few years. There are salt rooms in spas and wellness centers in many places now such as New York and Orlando.
Salt is very beneficial for our overall health because of its anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and antibacterial characteristics. Salt therapy cures all kinds of respiratory problems such as asthma, allergies, congestion and also high fever.
Good news is that you don’t have to look for a salt room! You can make your own salt therapy by incorporating Himalaya salt in your daily nutrition, routine or in your home. You can purchase it in blocks, lamps, rocks also you can find ground salt for cooking, coarse salt for baths or make your own Himalayan salt.
Benefits Of Salt Inhalation
It’s best to make a use the modern technology in combination with the old-fashioned way. Put a small rock of Himalayan salt in the bottom of the inhaler. In this way, the natural moist found at the air will absorb the salt particles into the lungs when you inhale. This kind of inhalation will reduce the lung inflammation and will fight against asthma, allergies, flu, sinus pressure and high fever. In addition, it has no side effects.
- Salt is grat cough medicine and it reduces the excessive mucous which helps in eliminating the coughing and the post nasal drip;
- Himalayan salt has 84 natural elements and many minerals important for our overall health;
- You can reduce the nasal inflammation by using salt inhalation;
- By salt therapy, you can prevent the inflammation caused by smoke or other pollutants;
- Salt can be used as a body cleanser because of its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties;
How to Use a Salt Inhaler
- Take a ceramic inhaler and put the rocks of Himalayan salt inside
- Place the inhaler in your mouth
- Inhale trough the mouth and exhale through the nose
- Use it only for dry therapy without adding water
The deep breaths will take the ions contained in the salt directly to your lungs because they are tiny and avoid the nasal filtering system. Then, the lungs absorb them and take the theme into the bloodstream. This therapy reduces lung inflammation and reliefs the pain caused by a condition such as asthma, pneumonia, and bronchitis.
Important to Remember
- Don’t share the inhalator and follow the cleaning instructions The effects of the
- Himalayan salt inhalation isn’t immediate but noticed after regular and consistent use.
- To refill your inhalator you need to open the plastic stopper, empty the used salt and add the fresh Himalayan salt. Don’t put in your inhaler anything that is not a Himalayan salt.
You can purchase your Himalayan salt online or in health-food stores.