There is nothing more frustrating than learning that you didn’t lose a single pound after spending hours at the gym to do cardio routines and lift weights. While engaging physical activity does help you burn fat and lose weight, the food you eat plays a huge role in speeding up or slowing down your weight loss process. Well, worry no more for we’ve come up with the perfect combination of ingredients that can help you lose weight fast: ginger and lemon.
Ginger is popular for its gastric and anti-inflammatory properties that help the digestive system function properly. It is also mixed with different ingredients that help speed up the weight loss process because it boosts metabolism, burns fats and calories.
The other ingredient, lemon, is packed with nutrients that are beneficial for your health. This yellow fruit functions as a natural thinning agent and contains vitamin C – an antioxidant that’s effective in removing toxins and waste from the body. It also lessens swelling in the abdomen, and combats fluid retention.
How does combining ginger and lemon promote weight loss?
Both ingredients are packed with properties that can stimulate the elimination of fat and waste from your body. Mixing lemon and ginger sounds a bit off, but there are recipes that you can follow to help you create teas, juices, and dressings to complement your weight loss journey:
Lemon and Ginger Juice
Behold, the lemon juice with a twist. It’s the lemon juice that we all know but with a dash of ginger. This drink improves your health while helping you get rid of stubborn pounds.
You will need:
- Cabbage leaves
- Slice the lemon and squeeze it to get the juice. For this recipe, avoid using refined sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Grate the ginger.
- Add one teaspoon of grated ginger to the lemon juice.
- You have the option to add diced cabbage leaves if you want.
- It’s best to drink the lemonade-ginger juice in the morning before eating breakfast.
Lemon and Ginger Dressing
This is one way of enjoying the benefits of lemon and ginger without exerting that much effort because you don’t need to whip up a tea or juice.
You will need:
- Slice a lemon and squeeze to extract the juice.
- Peel a whole ginger and then add it to the lemon juice.
- Use this as a dip or salad dressing. Have fun!
Ginger and Lemon Tea
One of the common ways to combine lemon and ginger is by blending the two ingredients into a tea. It’s not difficult to make, and the taste is surprisingly delicious.
You will need:
- Get a cup of water, put it in a pot and let it boil.
- Add a tiny slice of ginger in the boiling water.
- Wait for five minutes.
- Slice a whole lemon and squeeze to extract the juice.
- Mix the lemon juice and the ginger water.
- Drink this tea in the morning, before eating breakfast.
Additional benefits of lemon and ginger:
- Lemon and ginger, as mentioned earlier, are packed with nutrients that are beneficial to your health. Both ingredients also contain properties that make it easy for you to burn fats and lose weight. Here are some of the benefits that you can get from lemon and ginger:
- Lemon and ginger help keep your skin healthy. Both ginger and lemon contain antioxidants and vitamin C. These nutrients help keep your skin hydrated, soft, young looking, and healthy.
- Lemon and ginger improve the functions of your digestive system. Lemon and ginger contain properties that help combat problems in the digestive system such as fluid retention, slow intestinal movement, and indigestion. With this, it’s important to take note that if you’re suffering from gastritis, you should stay away from these two ingredients.
- Lemon and ginger boost the immune system. Lemon and ginger are packed with nutrients that boost the immune system. They prevent health problems such as loss of voice, respiratory problems, infections, and colds.
- Lemon and ginger can keep your blood clean.Lemon and ginger help clean your blood by getting rid of waste and toxins. These two ingredients also help combat LDL or bad cholesterol and improve blood circulation.
While combining lemon and ginger can help speed up your weight loss process, it’s still important that you eat clean. This means eating nutritious foods and staying away from soft drinks, junk food, fats, sodium, flours and other ingredients that do more harm than good to your body. It’s also important that you keep your body hydrated by drinking at least eight to twelve glasses of water each day. Exercise or any type of physical activity is also important which means you need to get off that couch and move your body. You need to sweat if you want to get rid of those stubborn pounds and tone your body.