Do you often wind up with less number of cookies than what the recipe says because some of the cookie dough ends up in your mouth instead of the oven? Well, this article is for you – especially if you love snacking on cookie dough more than those freshly-baked cookies. Below you will learn how to make cookie dough that’s completely edible.
There’s one more thing about the cookie dough recipe below that will surely excite you, and that’s the fact that it contains none of the things that a health-conscious person like you wouldn’t want to consume. Gluten, dairy, eggs – you won’t find these ingredients so you can have a guilt-free cookie dough fest!
By the way, you can enjoy the resulting edible cookie dough in a variety of ways. You can use it as topping for ice cream or just about any dessert that you want to make more exhilarating. Eating it by the spoon is a phenomenal idea, too! Certainly, it’s something that can make your baked masterpieces even more impressive.
So without further ado, here’s the simple recipe:
- 3/4 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour (If you come across something exclusive for making cookies or cakes when shopping, then opt for it instead.)
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter (Soy nut butter, almond butter, cashew butter – you can use just about any vegan butter that you like, which makes this edible cookie dough recipe so versatile. By the way, your vegan butter should be melted and allowed to cool to room temperature.)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (Don’t want your edible cookie dough to contain lots of calories? Opt for stevia instead. You may replace 1/4 cup of brown sugar with 4 to 6 individual-serve packets of stevia powder.)
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips (Definitely, you should go for unsweetened and dairy-free ones. Also, it’s a wonderful idea to use mini dark chocolate chips that are not less than 70 percent cocoa – the more cocoa they contain, the more health benefits they come packed with.)
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk (Feel free to opt for any vegan substitute for cow’s milk that you like. You can add a little more non-dairy milk if you want your edible cookie dough to be super spreadable, or use a little less if you want the resulting masterpiece to be really thick.)
- 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl. Place brown sugar (or stevia) and melted vegan butter in it. Mix them very well using a wooden spoon.
- Afterwards, mix in vanilla extract and non-dairy milk. Make sure that you stir all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour gluten-free all-purpose flour into the mixing bowl together with the rest of the ingredients. Mix very well with a wooden spoon. Is the resulting cookie dough too thick or dry? You can add a little non-dairy milk in order for you to end up with the consistency that suits your taste.
- Stir in those mini chocolate chips and serve!
That’s how quick and easy it is to make cookie dough that is 100 percent edible. What’s more, it’s something that contains none of the things that can make you feel terrible after indulging, in particular gluten, dairy and eggs.
Especially if you skip brown sugar and go for stevia, your edible cookie dough won’t ruin your waistline with lots of calories. Not only is it the perfect cookie dough for someone who has unfavorable reaction to milk, eggs and anything with gluten, but also for a person who doesn’t like the thought of gaining excess pounds.
Do share in the comments section below how you find this edible cookie dough!