Golden milk is a beverage that’s all the rage these days. Made from milk and turmeric, it is loved by many because of the health benefits it brings. Did you know that golden milk may also be used for making up delectable muffins?
Just because you stay away from milk and other dairy products doesn’t mean that the muffin recipe shared below isn’t for you. In fact, it is perfect for a health-conscious person like you! That’s because coconut milk is used in place of whole cow’s milk, which means that the resulting golden-colored muffins are dairy-free.
Are you on a gluten-free diet? Rejoice because this particular recipe also fits you to a T. Aside from using coconut milk instead of cow’s milk, we will use coconut flour instead of the baking staple all-purpose flour.
Certainly, you may use any other gluten-free flour that you personally prefer or is readily available in your kitchen, but you can expect the resulting muffins to taste a little different from how it should be based on this particular recipe.
Speaking of which, the recipe entails the use of eggs. If you are a vegan and you are into baking, then it is perfectly fine to use egg substitutes that you love. Other than commercially-available egg substitutes, you may also go for some very common ingredients that are perfect for egg-less baking endeavors. For instance, some individuals use mashed bananas, while others rely on apple sauce. There are people who make faux eggs from ground flaxseed and water.
Going back to the recipe, it allows you to whip up as many as 8 golden milk coconut muffins in just half an hour! Even with minimum baking skills, you will find making these baked treats a breeze!
Here’s the recipe:
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup of pure maple syrup
- 6 eggs (or equivalent amount of egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Salt and pepper
- Have your oven preheated to 350°F.
- Grab a muffin tin that can accommodate up to 8 muffins. Line them with muffin liners.
- Combine coconut milk, eggs or egg substitutes, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Make sure that you mix the ingredients very well.
- Reach for a small mixing bowl and have the coconut flour, turmeric powder, ginger powder, baking soda, and a little salt and pepper sifted together.
- In small amounts, stir the contents of the large mixing bowl into the contents of the small mixing bowl. Use a rubber spatula in doing so. Don’t stop mixing until you end up with a smooth and thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin tin. See to it that you divide the batter evenly among them to end up with 8 equal-sized golden milk coconut muffins.
- Stash the muffin tin in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. You can tell that your golden milk coconut muffins are done when the edges are slightly browned, and of course when your kitchen smells phenomenal!
- Take the muffins out of the oven and carefully transfer them onto a wire rack. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
That’s how quick and hassle-free it is to whip up golden milk coconut muffins! Kids will surely love them because they taste wonderful, and health-conscious adults will adore them for being gluten-free – plus these delectable muffins carry with them all the amazing benefits offered by golden milk!
By the way, your homemade golden milk coconut muffins can stay fresh for up to a week if you place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge.