Blasting fat is not limited to working out in the gym or going out for runs but it can also be something as simple as using the pool to tone and sculpt your muscles. Pool workouts are actually gaining traction in the health and fitness scene as many fitness pros are offering pool sessions that will make you torch a considerable amount of calories in just a short period of time. You may think that when you’re talking about pool workout, it will be just swimming laps but there are quite a lot of workouts waiting for you to try in the pool. As a matter of fact, here are some to get you started.
- Double leg lift. One of the exercises that you can do in the pool is the double leg lift. Lean back on the edge of the pool with your arms extended and your legs together. Engage your core as you raise your legs until they are perpendicular to your torso. Go back to your first position and repeat. You need to do 15 reps for this exercise to complete one set.
- Cannoball. In this exercise, you will need to use a noodle to keep you afloat. Swim towards the deeper end of the ball and hold on to the noodle. Keep your legs extended underneath and your core engaged. Raise your knees toward your chest and hold for a few seconds before releasing. You should repeat this 20 times. Make sure that your toes are pointed throughout your workout.
- Half suspended jumping jacks. Another pool workout that will leave you breathless and burning some serious calories is the half suspended jumping jack. Because of the natural buoyancy of water, you won’t need to touch the floor of the pool for this exercise. Jump up as you extend your legs on either side of you and when landing, don’t let your feet touch the bottom. You can do this exercise in the middle part of the pool where you can suspend yourself. Do 30 reps.
- Stair master. Here is another exercise that will definitely torch your fat. Float on water with your feet on a pool ladder and your hands holding on to a noodle with your arms extended before you. Engage your abs as you push the noodle into the water until you are in a plank position. Hold this for 30 seconds then release. This counts as one rep. Try to do 10 reps.
- Lateral raises. Doing butterfly stroke is one of the best pool exercises that can shape your deltoids but since not everyone can manage this perfectly, you can always do a lateral raise while immersed in water. You can use pool weights or kettlebells if you prefer as long as you don’t drop them while you are in water. If you want to get the most out of this workout, keep your arms immersed in water for added resistance. For sure, you will be giving your shoulders and arms a nice workout in no time.