In these times, when most of us are juggling two to three jobs at a time, we often experience a disconnect with our body and our mind. This can actually create stress that can affect us both mentally and physically. When this happens, we become susceptible to various illnesses that actually hinder us from doing our work. What we need is to be able to reset our mind and body for us to function at 100%.
So how will you be able to do this? Here are a few tips for you to try out.
- Quiet your mind. One of the most powerful tools that you can use when it comes to resetting your mind and body is to actually spending time for meditation. In this technique, you are actually entering a state where you become aware of your body at rest while your mind is awake although quiet. Meditating has been found to lower anxiety, insomnia, hypertension, and even depression.
- Have some lemon water. Since you’re hibernating when you sleep, the first thing that you should do when you wake up is to drink a cup of hot water that has a slice of lemon in it. This lemon drink can help rejuvenate your skin and promote digestion too. This way, you won’t feel bloated throughout the day.
- Move your body. Whether you like it or not, exercising plays a significant role to both your mind and your body. Exercising allows your heart to pump more blood which means that more oxygen is being delivered to various parts of your body. Not only that but you are actually making your body stronger and your muscles toned which is a huge plus.
- Inhale fresh air. If you are going to take a look at your daily routine, chances are you’re spending most of your time indoors. Give yourself a break and step outside to breathe in fresh air. This will certainly have a rejuvenating effect on your mind and your body too especially when you’re feeling too stressed in your office or at home. Breathe deeply to clear your mind.
- Remove toxic emotions. Most of us can’t help but cling to the anger, distrust, and hate that have formed over the years but rather than keeping everything inside of you, learn to let it all go. Take a moment and look inside you to determine what emotions are actually hurting you. You can write them down and write how your life can change once you let go of these emotions.
- Clear up your desk space. Another tip to reset your mind and body is to clear your desk space. Even by changing the design of your desk can actually do you a whole lot of good. Try moving your stuff, or add decorations, or throw things away. You’ll be surprised on how much better you’ll feel afterwards.
These tips are sure to help you reconnect your mind and body once more so that you’ll be able to go back to being productive once more.